The warm days of Spring are right around the corner, which means your skin may need a little boost without a trip to the tanning bed. Applying bronzer to your face and décolleté can help you achieve that sun-kissed glow you crave without damaging your skin.
Whether you have fair, olive-toned or dark skin, here’s how to choose the right bronzer for that sun-kissed look you need this Spring:
- Use a powder bronzer that blends into your foundation. If you’re planning on wearing foundation for the day, make your skin glow by applying a powder bronzer over your foundation and blend it in with a big puffy brush. This will not only create a more mattified look, but will also leave your skin looking smooth and silky.
- Use a bronzing stick for travel. Avoid the hassle of having to stash a clean brush and compact when traveling and reach for a bronzing stick instead. The NARS Multiple Bronzer is a good match for most skin types, and it blends with most types of foundation and moisturizers fairly easily. Just apply it under your makeup and blend with a soft sponge to create a natural-looking glow.
- Save the shimmer for nighttime. Shimmery bronzers are among the top beauty trends for Spring 2010 makeup collections, but they can look very artificial by day. Save the glitter for the evening if you want to create a more natural bronze-goddess look by day.
- Stick with a sheer cream bronzer for your neck and décolleté. When you want to create the faux tan for the neck and décolleté areas, apply a sheer cream-based bronzer and mix it with your regular moisturizer for the most natural look. This will help you create a smooth base that looks natural and blends right into your jaw line.
- Dust eyelids and cheeks with an illuminating powder. Try Bobbi Brown’s Illuminating Bronzing Powder if you don’t want to use an all-over bronzer this spring. Dust the bronzer onto your eyelids, cheeks and forehead to create a glow that doesn’t look overdone.
- Use a water-resistant bronzer for the beach. If you’re beach bound this Spring, reach for a water-resistant bronzer that will help you create a natural glow even when you’re sweating or taking a dip in the ocean. The CARGO Water Resistant Bronzer is a good match for any woman on-the-go, and doubles as a bronzing powder when you want to hit the gym sans makeup.
Whether you’re traveling over spring break or need a bronzer to brighten up your look at the office, there are several things to consider before adding a bronzer to your spring 2010 makeup collection. Use these tips to choose the right bronzer for your needs and skin types, and get ready to get your glow on the right way.